Friday, December 18, 2009

Being a call center agent: there and back again

Being a call center agent is mostly associated with, "night shifts," "irate callers" and "stress." What I notice about some people is that their faces tend to "cringe" when you tell them that you work in a call center, as if it's the most horrifying and disgusting thing they have ever heard. The funny thing is that these people are the ones that I think will never ever make it pass the first interview, if they apply in a call center (if they ever find the courage to do so). These people are usually those that have been stuck at a dead end job for 10 years or even more.

Being a call center agent has its advantages such as higher pay, you get a chance to improve your english speaking skills, bonuses, incentives and parties! When call centers celebrate, they really go all out. But perhaps the best thing about working in a call center is that you will get to meet a lot of interesting people. Some of them you will get along with, some are just plain a-holes. Just ignore them.

I am now on my second job as a call center agent in Convergys Bacolod (technically this is my fourth job), and I'll be staying with this company for as long as they will not "fire" me (sorry transcom people, you just chose the wrong company to work for). The advantages of working for Convergys, according to our trainor is that they promote people based on their performance and not how long they have been in the company. But they do reward people who have been with them for a long time. I can't discuss the details of working for Convergys because I might breach my contract with them which includes a "confidentiality agreement." However, if you're interested in applying for a job in Convergys Bacolod, please send me a message through facebook or my cellphone number (639109935922) and include your full name, email and cellphone and landline number.

4 comments:

  1. Here in Quezon city, i tried to penetrate Convergys. I took several written exams.
    When i got to final interview. I was kinda' disappointed coz' they don't accept people who are currently employed.
    I was just applying for a part time call center agent. Anyways, i hope some companies here in the Philippines will be willing to accept currently employed people who really wanna earn some extra money. That's too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. mahirap talaga magwork sa call center. Wife ko nasa Convergys Makati.

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...business ba!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope i can apply.. i want to earn money to support my 2 kids.

    ReplyDelete